Friday, March 28, 2014

Rainy Days and ... Fridays?

Wait.. that isn't right, shouldn't it be Mondays?  At least the Carpenters says so.  I however, feel a smidgen of hope that spring is coming, because it's RAINING, not SNOWING.  I just hope the temps stay up enough so we don't do the lovely "mix".

Regardless, we should never worry too much about rain.  It's nourishing to the earth and replenishes the water here on planet earth.  Plus it's washing the car without costing anything :D

If you can't tell it's raining here today.  It's supposed to do that most of the weekend.  When you have 3 kids, that can get ugly at times being cooped up in the house.   I now wonder if the card draw I did this morning was influenced by the rain happening here.  The water card.  This is where we need to deal with our emotions.  Think about your moods, are you happier when it's sunny and warm or rainy and kind of cold?  Most of us I would probably say are happier when it's sunny.  So what can you do when it's a bit more depressing to make the world happier.  It all starts at home with ourselves.

Me, one of the things that brings me joy is dancing.  Unfortunately, with my back being the way it has for awhile now, I don't get to do it as often, and with not being able to dance and being in pain, it kind of has had me in a more depressed state.

I still listen to music.  I'm just not always sure that is a good thing when I'm hurting because I want to dance and can't.  But I still do it.  Figuring how many people are in wheelchairs and can't "dance".  Yet they enjoy music.  And music does help me express my emotions better. 

I also like watching shows/movies, readings and doing my graphic art.  Sometimes I even will go look at different images on the web to try and make me happy.  Then of course if that fails, I go spend time tickling my kids so that they laugh and that usually works.

Light lemon yellow I associate with true happiness.  So I try and envision that as well.


So how about all of you?  What things and colors make you happy?  How can you incorporate into your daily life to try and take some stress off you and make your life just a little happier?



No comments:

Post a Comment