Friday, November 15, 2013

Inspiration

♥
When I meet new people who have never heard my story by the time I'm done they always tell me "You're so strong."

Well I'm only strong because I had no choice but to be.  Like when my first child was born with heart, kidney and spine issue, I didn't have time to lose it.  I had to be prepared for what was to come.  She was going to need me to be her protector and her champion.  Like my second child having major complications due to a chromosomal issue and not knowing if she'd make it or not and then being born and dying.  Again, I could do no less for her than be strong.  Then having twins and one of them having a brain condition that delays her.  Instead of losing it -- I am strong for her and push her to be better because of it.

I seriously believe that we are put through things in our life to help us grow as people.  Sometimes it's something you can handle, sometimes it's not.  It's still all about free will.  We can choose to be strong in that moment -- or weak and try not to deal. 

So when I saw this graphic on pinterest and the saying, I just knew my blog had to be about being strong.  I hope when I get my book done about my girls and their health issues and it gets published that it does the following:

1) Helps someone else feel like they're not alone in their similar process
2) Helps someone deal with their own issues
3) Makes my girls when they grow up understand what I went through and makes them proud of me being strong for them. 

In all cases, I hope it inspires others to be strong too.



No comments:

Post a Comment