Friday, October 11, 2013

Astrology

I know.. such an interesting topic to start the day with.. but I bet you do look (if you get the paper) to read to see what's going on with it.  What most people don't realize is that there is so much more involved in it.  Most of the time what you're reading in the paper is a generalization of the "sun" sign -- you know, Aries, Taurus, Pisces, etc.

But there are other aspects to it that make up more to what we are than just the sun sign.  For example, I'm a sun sign of Pisces, but I have earth, fire signs in my makeup beyond the sun sign.  I think it gives me depth to who I am as a person.

Which we can also use in life.  I mean how many of us have looked at a person and immediately made a judgement about them without talking about them, without even knowing anything about them??  When I was younger, sure I am almost positive I did.  I didn't know any better because that's kind of the way we were taught.

Now that I'm older and have kids,  I don't make those rash decisions.  I know what it's like seeing my daughter have people go ewww to her, because she curves.. because she has a scar down her chest.  And I've also seen people once getting to know her, absolutely love her to pieces.

Just think if all people took the time to get to know people rather than what's portrayed at the surface?  How different would our world be? Now I know that some people are exactly who they portray themselves as, however, there are many who don't.  See how you can make a difference in someone's life by getting to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment