Monday, October 28, 2013

Fun was had!

Well on my last post I talked about going to a Renaissance Fair (here they call it a festival) with my daughter.  It was going to be her first one she had ever attended.  I felt I needed to make it a memorable experience.  So, as we're waiting on the gate show to start, right next to us were 2 dryads.  Very beautiful..one in Green and one in Orange.  Emily was so enamored of them, she wanted to go with them, but instead found 2 seeds and gave one seed to each of them.  They were so good staying in character and made her feel very special.

One of the first things I did was get her an outfit.  Every little girl should have an outfit.  The nice thing about the fair is that the dresses are usually made so any side can wear.  Which really helps with Em's curve.  So here's the dress, headband and wand we got:


And yes, I managed to bypass the wings that were in the shop.  Then as we went along, she kept seeing people with masks.  We checked a few places out, but  they were really expensive.  So as we walked I saw a place that did face painting.  Of course she loved it.  Then we happened to be walking along and there was a hat place and she just had to have this headband with veil rather than the one I initially got her:





Needless to say, good time was had by her and me.  It's amazing to experience this with her and watch it through her eyes.  I'm also thankful for a friend and his friend on helping with Emily and keeping a 7 year old occupied while I did shopping and pay for things.

Maybe next year I can afford a costume for me :D

Sorry for the lateness of this blog post.  Work is gearing up and it's getting busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment