Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Having Fun!

Today, I got to meet a co-worker I've never met face-to-face.  Now I know that sounds funny, but he works in another division and in a different location.  It wasn't until a year or so that we got to talk due to me being brought onto the system he works in.  Well, we got talking outside of work channels and it sounded like we had a lot in common.  I promised him, if I ever got to his location, we'd go out for lunch.  Well, I used to go there quite often, until they started charging for the room we used to use.  Since then, I don't get there much at all.

Well, if you don't know, I'm one of the government employee's that is being affected by the shutdown.   My co-worker was heading in my direction on a trip he was taking and asked if it would be a good time to maybe actually meet up.  Of course I said YES!

He had me in stitches all day.  We walked around the open outlet mall and just had fun looking at items and just chatting about anything that came to mind.  I swear I had a smile on my face most of the time I was with him.  That mood lasted .. I still kind of have, even after having to "yell" at my daughter for not coming when she was supposed to. 

It has a been a very long time to take time for myself, have a friend I love talking to and spending time with - sans kids.  Wake up call for me.  I am definitely going to make more time for me to do this.  It was good for me, even though I only had 4 hrs of sleep, I am so joyful right now.  I LOVE having this feeling.

So, take it from me -- get out and do something you enjoy with someone you enjoy their company.  It'll make a difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment