Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rainy days and Mondays....

Oh wait.. it's Thursday.. LOL

I love the Carpenters' music.. including this song:


It's a great song.  It reminds us to remember that rainy days only get us down briefly, that having the ones you love around you can make even rainy days bearable.  Love has that affect on people.  Besides, in order to have things grow, we need those rainy days.  It gives us a chance to bond and slow down. 

We often go so fast with our life -- kids to school, work, any activities the kids may have, trying to clean and take care of the house.. etc etc etc.  When do you get those times to breathe.  To take a moment to enjoy the day you've been given?

As I found out yesterday, I needed that time to get out with my friends as me as a person, instead of me as the breadwinner or Mom.   But as much as I need out time.. I also need in time.  Down time.  Time to relax and take care of me as well.  Sometimes alone, sometimes with my family as the kids need to know that they are loved.  Besides, it's great to see when playing a game, the kids as they get older, can actually whip your butt in games :D

So even it's raining in your life right now, take that as a time to get connected and then the sun will come out and you can be busy again.  Just remember to enjoy the life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment