Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mind if I complain?

OK, I so need another vent.  The past 2 weeks have been trying.  I had my youngest get the flu.  My husband get diverticulitis.  Snow days in March.  Husband putting together our new kids bookshelf and not throwing box (etc) away.  Having inspections done on the cars and one didn't pass and had to try and schedule it in to be fixed while I was home.   Husband putting together the new futon couch and leaving me to move the old one away.  Helping out at church and seeing how disrespectful some of the kids are to others.  Having to review co-workers CBT and making a ton of comments on something that shouldn't have been that bad before I reviewed.  And now capturing the piece he "didn't understand".

So this morning, I am truly feeling all that has happened in the past few weeks.  I'm sore from lifting the old bed/mattress and moving the couch where it should have been.  Then lifting my almost 3 year old daughter in and out of cars, into strollers or seats.  I so can't wait until she can walk on her own.

I have to be organized at work.  It's my job and I need it to support my family.  With 3 kids you have to be somewhat organized, but I had hoped to have the hubby take it over for the house, because he's the one at home with "more time".  But here I go again.  Having to do it all.

My parents are coming for a visit in about a month.  My house is a PIT.  I'm not just talking messy (with 3 kids and 1 big one hard not to be) but DIRTY.  My husband things a few hours on a Saturday he'll be able to get it all cleaned up before my parents get there.  Which wouldn't be bad, but he's a packrat.  He can not get rid of ANYTHING.  So here I am trying to purge kids toys, my old books, clothes, basically anything we haven't worn in 2 -3 years, seen or not attached to personally.  I remember being the packrat, I remember how hard it was to get rid of things.  But seriously, if you haven't seen it, used it in over 6 years, it's time to get rid of it.

I, in the past, would just clean up the house.  I can say I've done it 4-5 times (full clean) since we've lived there (going on 7 years).  But the moment I get it that way, everyone (mainly hubby) comes behind and messes it up again.  I work 8-12 hour days (depending on projects going on), commute anywhere from 1-3 hours one way and then come home to have to do that?  Come on!

So, I'm hoping just by getting out and letting it go.. I can move on and try and bring the positive to me and hopefully something will change.  For the better... I might add.

No comments:

Post a Comment