Monday, April 22, 2013

Busy Weekend...

Been trying to get my house (at least the main floor) in shape for my parent's visit.  I was all about hiring someone to do the deep clean needed -- but hubby (who stays home) was like "no, I can do it."

So for the past month -- he's scheduled out time on Saturdays to work on the house.  One room at a time.  Difference between him and me -- I would have been done in 2 weekends.  He still isn't done.  I've been having to fill in here and there to get things really clean.  I'll do one final cleaning on Friday when home and hopefully it will be enough.  I still have other areas in the house that need major help.  But they can wait.

Personally I can't wait until I can have a fully clean house and then spend my weekends enjoying life rather than doing everything I can fit in and being in a perpetual state of tiredness.

So Saturday, I had the kids.  I also managed 2 loads of laundry through the day.  We went out to see if we could buy sandals.  We then went to the library.  Then out for lunch.  Then home for naps.  I then had another massage scheduled, my back still isn't completely "right".  After that, I ran to different stores to get different things we needed along with picking up pizza for dinner.  After dinner and cleaning up, I took 2 of the 3 kids outside and let them play.  Then was in for baths.  By the time that was all done, I was ready for bed.

Sunday, wasn't much better.  Breakfast got started late, because hubby didn't clean up everything -- so I had to do some.  Then let my eldest help with breakfast.  Then to find out hubby wasn't feeling well.  Similar to what happened on my bday.  So I got the twins down.. breakfast on.. cleaned up.. kids changed.. hubby to ER.. kids to church... back from church.. lunch.. clean up from lunch.. down for naps.. and cleaned up more of the house... hubby finally got back and so I was able to go pick up dinner.

Not once, did I get on the computer.  I did check my mail on my phone.  But other than that. Either too busy or tired.

Now -- what cleaning my hubby did, was cleaning that didn't need to be done :D  He cleaned the upstairs bathroom but not the one my parents are going to use.  I have 3 big black bags of trash that are sitting in various places still.  I took out the recycling.  I created space on the counter -- getting rid of the old stuff that didn't need to be there.  I cleaned out the cabinet of things that we didn't need or was dated.   He even left mop water out where the son could get into it.  <sigh>

Well, less than 1 week to go before they'll be here...

The plan was for him to clean up the basement -- but after the ER visit yesterday, that might not happen. <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment