Thursday, April 18, 2013

Love and Joy

Not sure what's going on with me lately, but I just feel "blah".  I used to find all sorts of joy in my life and have so much love for my friends and family and now nothing.  I get brief glimpses of it here and there -- especially listening to music.  But it doesn't stay with me.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's just because I've been so focused on getting things done around the house that I haven't had time for "fun" or even time to myself.  Of course as I'm writing this, my guides/angels are saying "YES" -- this from those that have been so silent lately.

Last night was busy.  I stayed at work 15 minutes later than I normally do, trying to troubleshoot a problem.  I then had to drive home -- luckily it was only an hour.  Come home, change diapers on kids and get stuff together for them and load them into the car to head to church.  I did this so hubby could take care of some stuff at home with an empty house.

Try and keep 3 kids together.  One of them is easy - she's not mobile on her own (besides crawling) yet.  My eldest had sat down with some church members and while I was getting the other 2 settled, I looked over where she had been and saw that she wasn't there.  I then started looking around and got worried when I didn't see her.  Turns out she went to the bathroom.  Of course during this time, she didn't tell people to hold her seat so someone else was sitting there.  Which when I told her about it, she started crying.  So she sat with me and the twins.  Had a nice conversation with 2 nice boys at the table along with their father.  Had prepared a sandwich for the boy, since he's so picky with stuff and I didn't want to deal with tantrums at the table.

I made the decision to finally move my youngest who will be 3 in 2 weeks, to the 2-3's room.  She had been in the nursery because she wasn't walking or crawling.  But now with the braces and with some help -- she does alright.  It's a little work for the ones having to help her, but the look on her face was priceless.  I knew at that point it was a great decision to have her with her peers (even though developmentally she's not there).  While my kids were doing devotions with other groups -- I was helping out in the 3rd-6th grade room.  We have some great kids in there -- but some so desperate for attention that it gets unruly fast.  I'm asking for guidance to help these kids be able to be more respectful -- not only to the teachers -- but to each other.  I look at these kids and thinking back to when I was young and there is such a difference in behaviors.  We might have done a little of that - but overall, when the teacher raised her voice, you stopped.

Then soon enough devotions were over and it was trying to get everyone and everything together in mass chaos.  Then home to where the hubby wasn't completely finished with the cleaning he wanted to do -- so he asked that I get the kids ready for bed. 

So a very busy night.  I barely had time to decompress before I had to go to bed.  Of course taking the time decompressing -- well -- that meant staying up little later than I would have normally.  Which makes for me being that much tired the next day.

But I march on..

Now hopefully can finish getting the house ready for company this weekend and be able to finally relax a bit.  Some much needed "me" time should be scheduled soon.  What that will entail -- I have no idea :D

So what's your go to thing to do when you need to create JOY in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment