Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Card for Wednesday, July 9, 2014


Your Card - “One-Ring Circus” - If you think that the sun won’t rise without you, then it’s time to change. Perhaps you believe no one will be there to help you, or you expect that you have to do all the work, emotional or otherwise. This is a fear-based idea and only serves to alienate you from others by taking away their right to participate.

Well I hate to say this.. but this is often my mentality.  Not that I'm in charge of the sun rising and setting.. but thinking I have to do it all.  This past year has really put it to the test though.  My back, I found out has a herniated and bulging disc and many of the things I just was doing because it needed to get done and no one else was doing got waylaid.  So, things got a lot worse in the house than it has been.

Same with work.  For a long time I was the only one in my office doing what I do, so I'm just used to doing it and getting it done.

I've also had issues where I've expected a person to step up and help and even when I ask them and they agree, it just doesn't get done.  So I have a hard time letting go.  People complement me on my work ethic, but there are times it doesn't benefit me and I put everything on my shoulders.

So, with a lot of nail-biting and being stressed, I've been letting things go.  Physically for certain items, I just have to, I can't do them anymore without major repercussions.  And I still bite my nails when I'm trying to ask for help or ask that others do things because it's just my nature to want to do it myself.

This card though tells us NOT to keep doing this.  That ask and ye shall received.  Now it probably won't be in the manner you're used to doing it, but help will arrive.  Just be brave and ask and let go of how it will come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment