Friday, May 17, 2013

Dreams.. Repeated

I know I did a blog a little bit ago on dreams and I had put in there that my dream was to be on Dancing with the Stars -- which I got on because I finished my book and it was a Top Seller.

This week I was giddy because I was getting to train after a long time of not training.  It was a great class as well.  Lots of questions -- good questions and I felt good after the class that they all got something out of the class.  I have to make some tweaks to the training materials - but not major changes.  Just trying to get some of the points more clearer to all.

Anyway, I got such an amazing message yesterday from one of the students.  I had briefly talked about my kids and the girls' issues that I was trying to finish my book on them.  It was just on a break and so I don't think much of it - because I like talking about it.  Sometimes it helps as other parents had gone through similar stuff and find it hard to talk about.  Well, this student was listening.  Apparently she has a POC at a publisher that is looking for books of this nature.  They will be happy to put me in contact with them, if I was interested.  Say what??  I am so touched that she thought to share this with me and then she gets me with this:

PS - You are a gifted trainer, and you care about whether or not your students "get it."  Thank you for caring.

OK, now I'm in tears.  Literally.  It is such a great validation when I get messages like this from my students.  I work very hard on learning the systems I teach so I can give them real life examples to work from and I play in the system to figure out shortcuts to also help them.  I also like to think I also can read the student's faces and see when they may not be getting a concept.  Then I try to present it another way with the hope that I will eventually present it in a way they can understand.

I've been in those classes where the teacher can only explain it one way -- reason for that is -- they don't know any other.  A true teacher should be able to understand all ways and be able to present in a multitude of ways so the concept is there for the students.

So, now I have a possible POC for my book -- guess I need to get back at it and get it finished.  Luckily I have a friend who's a good editor (and writer as well) who will help me along the way.  And keep me motivated.

As you've seen in my previous blog posts - I'm usually very busy and usually tired.  Well today, I will make it a part of my day at work to write at least 20 minutes over lunch.  I need to get this book done and stop just talking about it.

So what dream can you start to work on to make it come true?  Happy Weekend everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment