Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy Place

What is your happy place?  Things you like to dream about or think about before going to sleep?  Or taking a moment in your busy day to daydream -- yes daydream! -- to get you to that happier feeling?

Believe it or not, I like listening to music I have collected and put myself on Dancing with the Stars.  I was a dancer when I was younger, but never learned ballroom.  I always wanted to though.  I like imagining myself taking the music I've listened to for so long and creating waltzes, tangos, and cha-chas.  Of course, because it's Dancing with the Stars -- I'd have to be a "star" wouldn't I?  Well in my happy place, my book is published and is on the best seller's list.  I do the book tour (hello Ellen!) to talk about all the disabilities that my children have and so I become "known".

So it's a bit funny, that dream of mine.  But you know what?  I don't care.  Why can't dreams be so far reached that you may never get there - or maybe you will -- but you should never limit any dreams you have.  Dreams are the things that make you happy that allow you to get out of your head and reality for a time. 

I like to dream a lot.  I have other ones beside the Dancing one ;)  Dreams are what give us hope and keep our spirit alive. 

So what are you going to dream about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment