Friday, May 24, 2013

Not sure what to believe...

My youngest daughter when born had an MRI done on her brain.  They told us at that time, that her Corpus Callosum (bundle of nerves that communicate between the 2 hemispheres) wasn't there.  So they diagnosed her as Agenesis of Corpus Callosum.  This is one of those diagnosis that you just don't know how it will affect the child.  They could be "completely normal" to mentally/developmentally delayed.

We were seeing a neurologist every 6 months or so, until this past year when that doctor left.  So we've been scrambling trying to find another.  We finally got directed to one.  She ordered another MRI and some blood work to be done.  She was leaning toward it being a hormone deficiency because she was missing some other things in her brain. (hence the MRI).

Well, we just got the results back from the MRI.  Apparently she does have a corpus callosum, it's just thin.  However, there are things going on with the Pons and Cerebellum.  I didn't get to talk to the doctor, so I have no idea what this means long term.  They're apparently now leaning toward it being a chromosomal issue and we'll have to wait on the blood work to be finished for a "final" diagnosis.

I was kind of in shock yesterday when the husband told me the high version he got from the doctor, because I like to know what does this mean, can you give me an initial diagnosis, so I can prepare for what's down the line.  I just need the information and I don't have it.

Then it hits me just before leaving for work.  After her initial diagnosis, I worked on trying to develop some new pathways for her brain.  I am a healer and do what I can when I can.  I mean we were told that corpus callosums don't grow back, if it's not there, it's not there.  So that's why I was concentrating on her having new ones.  I literally in my minds-eye saw purple lighting in her brain area.  I did this for a few months, until I was told to stop.

So now after this new MRI, she has one?  So, did I re-grow one for her?  I'm sure the doctors will all say it was the difference in the MRI machines or because she was a newborn versus 3 now.  But I saw that initial scan.  There wasn't one.

I'm being told by my guides that yes, I did re-grow it.  But how do you explain that to your family that 1) either doesn't believe you can heal things or 2) doesn't even know.

So I'm trying to take the positive out of the situation.  She has one.  It may be "thin" but it's there.  So, I will continue what I have always done with my kids -- push them to be the best that they can be.  Even if they don't like it.

But WOW is how I'm feeling.  I love when I get validations from medical fields that I did make a difference -- even if no one knows.  Makes my heart fill with gladness.  Thanks to God who has made this gift possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment