Thursday, August 8, 2013

Comfort

I did a pull from Doreen Virtue's Archangel deck and came up with the following card:

Comfort:  Archangel Azarel: "I'm with you in your time of need, helping you heart to heal."

So this card is kind of right on time for me.  There's a person I know who just lost their spouse and it's been difficult for them.  I know through time, the pain will fade enough to remember the good times.  But it's the path to get there that can be difficult.

To often we sit with our own pain for so long, it because habit.  That's never good to dwell that long in pain.  When that happens, we then get involved with other things to try and bring us up .. and like an addiction can get out of hand quickly.. because it brings us out of the funk just long enough and so like a drug of sorts - we want to not feel bad, so we keep going after that.  Soon what little used to bring us out.. now takes more and more.. soon our life could be out of control.

Grief is a natural process.  It can take as long and as little time that is needed for the individual.  No one is the same and shouldn't be held to the same standards as someone else.  People should also realize that just because the person is still going on with their life, doesn't mean they're over it.  It means they're dealing with life.  Some days will be better than others.  The main focus is that they are moving forward.  And we as caring individuals should be there for them.

I know how hard it is as a person who's lost someone.  I also know how hard it is to "be there" for someone who is going through a loss.  Sometimes it's just nice to offer a hug and ear or take them out for a drink where they can say anything and everything they're feeling.  You never know if you're going to be that one individual that just by being there will actually help.  For me, when I lost Sarah, was my friend.  She lives a few hours away is a single mom and she took time off of work to be there for me.  Meant the world to me.  I had my parents around and some people from church, but to have her do that for me .. I let the grief out.

So let's be compassionate to others and give them comfort in what ever form we can do for them. I am forever grateful for the friends I have that help me out on a daily basis.  Who can you give comfort to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment