Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Finding Blessings

Every day can be considered a hard day.  There are a lot of stresses in life and little things over time that become bigger and bigger until it just seems one tips you over to having "that kind of day".

You all know what I'm talking about.  Everything is going wrong.  You bang your elbow.. spill coffee.. run into traffic.. get the pattern?

Finding blessings, any blessing, in the day can change that energy around.

First off, when rushing around or getting angry, take a moment and breathe.  Deep calming breaths.  At least 3 of them.  Then think of something that truly makes you grateful for being alive.  Maybe that coffee that spilled on you.  Remember the aroma of the freshly brewed cup.  That first sip of warmth as it spreads throughout your body.

Or maybe it's watching a beautiful sunrise, while drinking the coffee.  Watching the world come to light while the world is still sleeping.

It doesn't have to take much to look for blessings.  Heck, every morning I wake up and say "Hey I'm breathing!  Thank you God for allowing me to have another day!"  Even the mornings when I'm feeling my age or sick.  Still means I'm alive :)

Some of my blessings is that I have a roof over my head, food for myself and my kids, a car that works, a job to go to in order to pay the bills.  I also like looking at nature.  Sometimes a beautiful flower can remind me that you don't need "things" to make it special.  My children give me "weeds" as flowers all the time.  I make sure to put them in water -because they thought it pretty and wanted me to have it.  Little things like that bring your spirit back to a giving place and feeling better place.

If you're still having a hard time, find that piece of music that never fails to put you in that good mood.  Or maybe it's a clip from a movie -- you tube is great for watching those.  It doesn't have to take long to get out of that negative vibration and back into the positive one.

So how is your day going?  What blessing have you found today?

No comments:

Post a Comment