Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thoughts

First off, I'd like to thank any and all that have been praying or sending healing for my back.  It is greatly appreciated.

I had my appointment yesterday to get an injection to help with the pain.  They got more information out of the hospital than I did about my back.  Apparently I have arthritis in my back at the L5/S1 area and it's making the space for the nerve smaller - hence "pinching" it.

The doctor at the appointment was really nice.  We talked about what was working what wasn't and then he "prescribed" a new pain pill, a TENS unit (electrode therapy), and a back brace.  Then I went into the procedure room to have the epidural done.  First lying on my stomach was very uncomfortable.  The doctor was running just a tad late, so I had to lie there for awhile.  I wish I could describe the pain to people.  Just say it hurt and was bringing me to tears.

He finally came in.  They had this "machine" over me so he could get a good picture of where things were and how it looked.  Now the needle in the back is never pleasant, but pushing the medicine is what hurt me.  From my lower back/but down my leg to the ankle.  Intense pain at first, but then finally less pain.  That made it all worth it.  Finally I was done.  My leg felt weak, but I wasn't in the pain I had been earlier.  Could I still feel some, yes, but not like it has been for the past 2 weeks.

Now, you know it's bad when the doctor tells you that it was really inflamed and then orders you another type of medicine that is to dull the nerves.

Last night, the numbing wore off, but luckily the pain med is doing better than the other one I was on.  I didn't get the restful sleep that I had hoped for, but better than I did the other night.  The only problem I'm having now is that I drove the truck which has manual transmission (clutch/stick) and my back definitely didn't like that.  Plus on top of that, I'm extremely sleepy.  I am assuming it's a side effect of the nerve medicine.  Should make for an interesting day at work!

So I did a tarot card draw today -- you can see the results here:  http://www.healingsbyharmonize.com/1/post/2013/08/card-for-today.html

If  you're a person who has "gifts" and want to learn and practice them, please feel free to stop by www.divinepathways.com   We would love to have you participate in our forum and feel safe to learn about your gifts.

May your day be blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment