Monday, August 4, 2014

Card for Monday, August 4, 2014


“King of Raphael” - Situations: Yes, it is safe to trust! You have the ability to accomplish great things at this time. People: A warm and generous person who understands human nature. Someone who takes romantic relationships and close friendships very seriously.

Time to take a page out of the book of the person that does for others.  Lately we've been focusing on ourselves.  Now it's time to help others.  In doing so you might actually find a wise person that gives advice from the heart.  That advice will ultimately help you.

I know I have been laid up being overly tired and it's just hard with 3 kids to get energy to do the things you're supposed to do let alone give more to help others.  This week is the Vacation Bible School (VBS) at my church.  In the past I've had no problems in helping.  Until my back last year.  So I told myself that I would do my best to get all 3 kids to VBS as well as help where they needed me.

Last night was the start.  You would think it would be easy.  My eldest takes the middle one to the church while I bring up the rear (really slowly) with the youngest.  I was trying to get her to use her walker as much as possible.  So I finally get upstairs, get the kids signed in, but no sign of my other two.  So I walk the youngest in with the hope that someone will watch her while I go searching for the other two.  When all of a sudden the eldest pops up and I ask where the other one was and she's like "he ran away from me".  Which is very possible with him.  So I have her sitting with the youngest and go running around the church trying to find him.  I even enlist another person.  I seriously was getting worried.  Finally I decided to look on the top floor and as I was heading there, here he was coming down with a nice woman from church and her daughter.

Try telling a 4 year old why it's important to stay with his sister.  Just glad everything turned out alright.

So late night for us.. we got home and the kids in bed by 9:30.  I unfortunately was achy from running around.  So I think I finally drifted off around midnight.  Then between tossing and turning I just couldn't get up.  I'm extremely sore in my back, arms, and legs.  I still have the rest of this week to go....

What's nice is .. I've missed these people.  It felt good finally helping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment