Saturday, June 14, 2014

Card for Monday, June 16, 2014


Your Card - “Self-Respect” - Archangel Michael is supporting your quest for happiness, health, and abundance by advising you to respect and love yourself. The situation you’re inquiring about has some dysfunctional aspects, which can adversely affect your self-esteem.

This card is complex in my mind.  We can be the ones that say we love ourselves, but the net hing you're doing is picking on something about yourself.  It's easy to get into that mindset.  I know all about putting forth an image.  My first marriage was all about images.  I was miserable but I couldn't show it.  My ex mentally abused me - though I'm pretty sure that he didn't see it that way.  And mental abuse is sleezy.  Done a little bit at a time and so slight you don't see it.  Why would you?  This is coming from a person you love and supposedly loves you.

I had a very dark period for a very long time.  I can honestly say I went from being very confident in myself to having no self-esteem.  So, this card hit home for me, because to this day, I still have those lingering doubts about myself.  Or there's stuff about me I don't like.  It takes a lot to be totally confident with ourselves.

So don't fall into yours or anyone's trap of not being totally who you are 100%.  Stop living your life for anyone but yourself.  If you have kids .. for them too.  Because isn't the best message for them to be confident in themselves.  How can they do that if you're not for yourself.  Be your own cheerleader!

So, if you're having trouble, just ask Michael to help you in this transition.  He's great at helping people.  Plus he's really funny and a bit of a jokester.  He'll make you feel ligther just having him around.

No comments:

Post a Comment