Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Clashes

Have you ever had clashes all the time with this one person?  Seems to happen to me a lot lately with my husband.  It's never about the things you think we'd have on -- no it's about the kids.

He's the stay at home parent.  Yet, miraculously the house is NEVER clean, the kids never get clean unless I do it or make a move to do it, and he has no internal thing that say -- hey let me check the temp, the kid sounds awful.

So my eldest whom I watch like a hawk with infections, due to her heart condition, ended on Sunday being diagnosed with an ear infection.  So I make sure she's on the antibiotics.  This is her last week of school.

I go to work, commuting a good distance each day, not sleeping well, come home and give 2 of the 3 a bath in my evening.  I then go to work again and through a discussion we decide to go eat out.  I get home and all I hear is coughing and sneezing -- from the other two.  He still thinks it's ok to go out to eat.  I'm not feeling hot either - not sure from lack of sleep, no a/c in the car or what.

Well the twins have their therapies today.  Luckily I have the phone # of the speech person.  So I text her asking whether she wanted to deal with the kiddos (and their snot).  Because I know my husband, he'll think nothing of taking them regardless of how sick they are.

So I guess I'll have to make the plan on whether they go or not -- as I'm working from home today.  I was hoping with sleep they'd be good.  Unfortunately I'm still hearing the coughing and sneezing.  How he sleeps through it I have no idea :D

I stopped with the "clashing" and just started doing what I felt was best for my kids.  Even if that meant I took time off to do it.  Sometimes you just have to learn not to clash in your own way.  My way unfortunately for me is to do it myself. :)

Who do you clash with and why do you think it is?  How do you resolve the problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment