Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Vacations

As a kid, I always loved summer vacations.  Of course back then we always drove everywhere and didn't have car seats or have to have seatbelts on -- it's a wonder any of us survived!

Now, as a parent to young kids, I almost dread going anywhere for any length of time.  At least until we get there and then I dread going home.  Why?  Because it seems in my family, that all the getting the stuff together and packed is left up to me.  Hubby moves it from house to car and from car to place, etc.  But the organization -- that would be me.

This particular time, I'm having to do with only one day.  Why? Because I've been sick.  I just haven't had the energy (and really still don't - but out of time) to go out and make sure we have everything we need.  So today, is Saturday and I"m up and ready to head out the door to pick up the last minute things.  If I go now while it's early - not very many people will be there and no kids to drag along.  Heck I might even pick up breakfast to bring home.

I'm looking forward to the time we get to spend as a family away from home and yet, not.  At least until we get there.

So, any of you reading this --- PLEASE help out that one person who does this!!  It'll make their time a little easier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment