Tuesday, June 11, 2013

When life overtakes...

So last week, I had been fighting off something as each of my kids were being diagnosed with ear infections.  Then last Thursday, I really felt off and by Friday could tell that it was going to get worse.  It was so bad that I cancelled my massage.  Hubby knew then I was really sick.

After a good night sleep I felt better, but not 100%.  So by Sunday, I decided it was time to go to urgent care to see if it was viral or had turned bacterial.  I'm now on antibiotics.  I wish I could say I felt like writing or being spiritual -- but when I'm that sick, I usually want to do something to take my mind off of it.  That and sleep - which I did a lot of over the weekend.

My sinuses are "better", I woke up without a fever, but I can still tell I'm not quite there yet.  After my hour commute, I am ready to go back to bed.  But I'll soldier it through.

So forgive me that my life has overtaken me writing and being the spiritual person I am.  It's very rare I take time for myself and so I think from time to time my body just gives out so I will.

But it's a nice lesson for all of us.. to make sure we're taking care of ourselves.  Making sure we make ourselves #1 instead of last or in the middle.  Too often many of us do that.  It's not being selfish to give ourselves that mental break once in awhile.

Take time..

No comments:

Post a Comment