Monday, June 3, 2013

Manic Monday?

It's the start to another week.  Most people are dragging into work on Mondays not looking forward to the week.

It's that mindset that sets our week up for us.  So if you dread it..you'll find things getting in your way where you're probably then go "See.. I knew it was going to be bad".

What if you changed that mindset?  Think of it as a clean slate to start all over?

If you start out the week stating, "Yes!  I'm alive and well and this is going to be a GREAT week!"  Just saying those words out loud, how would that make you feel?  Upbeat?

This weekend was full of trials and tribulations for me.  My back was still out and my a/c in my truck I drive in my LONG commute was out so took it in to get it fixed.  Took most of Friday afternoon.  To find out that they needed to replace a part.  There goes $500.  But I'm buying mileage so I'm dealing with it.  Friday evening comes and my eldest who had been on a field trip, comes home with bloody knees and bloodshot eyes and is sounding stuffy.  I chalked it up to allergies.  So we decide to head and get water at this place we know and stay at every year and do it as a family.  Hubby gets the water, while I watch the 3 kids.  Eldest is mad because the sand isn't wet enough to do sandcastles.  The boy is running around getting into everything.  My youngest I set in the sand and after about 10 mins I look to see she looks miserable - so I move her to the swings.  Which she LOVED.  It was a hot day and gnats were out and about.  Apparently bees too (which I'm allergic to), luckily I didn't see any.

We end up moving to the playhouse and then finally to a local place to get lunch.  That was YUMMY!

So, it wasn't terrible Saturday - but my back hurt and it was a 2 1/2 hr trip both ways and youngest got a bloody nose and eldest started running a fever.  <sigh>.  I also lost the day to the things I try and get done (like laundry).

Sunday, hubby takes the truck back to the place to get the part to fix the a/c.  I watch the kids.  Eldest appears well, temperature is down.  I work on laundry and getting the small clothes out of where we have them and reorganize.  Feed the kids, eldest starts running a temperature - this time higher than it was on Saturday evening.  I find out around 1:30, that the part they replaced isn't the problem.  And it's a part that hubby didn't tell me they were replacing.  Or I should say, told me wrong.  So now we have to find out from the other garage we normally go to if that part is within warranty.  If not, have to buy a new one and then go get it installed.  Yeah!! More money out of the window! :D

He comes back and I take the eldest to Urgent Care.  Yup, another ear infection.  More antibiotics.  We barely made it into the pharmacy before the rain came and poured down.  Luckily by the time we got the medicine, rain had stopped.

So, not a terrible weekend - but parts were bad.  I didn't want to take that attitude of bad into my new week.  So I'm not.  I woke up and said it's going to be a great day!  I even didn't get mad when I left something in the house and had to go back for it.  Picked up gas and picked up groceries and then traffic was actually good.  Still got here early.

I have my new website up, I have great feelings about it.  It's something that is mine and not shared with anyone else.  I didn't have to spend a fortune on getting it up either.  Now all I need is customers and I feel that will be coming soon.  I'm excited :)  I love helping people and it'll be great to earn some extra income to help with all of the bills that have come in lately.

So, how can you make this a positive week for you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment