Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rainy Days

What do you do on rainy days?  Me, I usually like to try and catch up on sleep.  However, how can I do that when I have so much to do?  It's a choice I make.  These are the days where you can decide to do stuff around the house that needs to be done or be nice to yourself and relax a bit. 

It rained here yesterday.  The poor kids didn't know what to do.  They wanted to still play out in the rain.  Little light rain, I wouldn't have had an issue, but this was a tropical depression that came through.  I am loving these few damp days we're having.  It makes it very lazy day and for being on vacation that's nice.

What wasn't nice was being in another building without an umbrella and all my electronics.  I came over here to work on my book and chat with some friends.  The vacation place we are at only has one area for working on the computers.  Now when I came over initially it was just minor sprinkling.  However, that soon changed.  So, it was time to pick up the kids.  I had to run through the rain to get an umbrella.  The come back for all of my electronics to go back to the room.  Then get the kids.  Needless to say I was DRENCHED.  But it felt good.  Been awhile since I've been that drenched.

Last night we watched the movie they were doing.  My youngest was getting antsy (loud) so I ran back to the room to get her pacifier and another drink for me.  I had noticed the sky was looking rainy again, so I grabbed 2 umbrellas.  Good thing I did.  By the time the movie was over, it was raining.  So I kept my kids who were in their PJs dry.

Today it's overcast and some might say dreary, but I'm loving it.  It keeps the temps down and just makes it quieter I think.  People are taking this time to relax, read, play cards etc, instead of running all over creation.

I even got the first story in my book finished.  Now only 2 more to go!  I'm hoping I can get as much done here as possible.  I'd really like to get my book finished and say it's finished, instead of "I'm working on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment