Thursday, June 13, 2013

Writing

If you didn't know, I'm in the process of writing a book.  I actually started it back after my first daughter was born and all of the issues she had.  My plan had been to write her story and then some other kids of families I had met during this process.  But things happened.  I ended up pregnant with a T-18 baby.  Again, another whole set of complications.  So I was going to call my book When lightening strikes twice.  I went back re-wrote my first story because I was going to have my husband write his side of things for both of these pregnancies and their stories.  Thought it would be nice to do -- to have a guys perspective.  Well, that didn't happen.  My husband is not the most motivated person.  Not long after the death of our daughter, I found out I was pregnant again -- this time with twins.  We thought for sure we were in the clear this time and had healthy babies.  Nope.  The girl twin had issues.  So back to the drawing board -- to write that story as well.  Since hubby didn't write his side, I am now in the process of re-writing all the parts of the book.

It's just taking a little time to do so in my busy schedule.  So here's an excerpt from the book



The day it was scheduled, was a day Stephen had his class, so I went to the appointment alone.  I figured it would be a pretty routine visit if it was anything like the others I had.  I didn’t know that I would be getting a genetic counseling before the ultrasound.  I tried to answer questions to the best of my ability, but, I didn’t know all of Stephen’s information.  I then got to go back for my ultrasound.  MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE.  This lady was all perky and explaining every little thing that she was doing and measuring.  She even got the baby to show “the goods”.  It was a girl!  She even printed a bunch of pictures for me.  I was in heaven at that point.  Then the shoe dropped.  She got quiet.  I asked what the problem was and she said she saw white spots in Emily’s kidneys.   White spots turned out to be cysts.  From what they told me, cysts come up when blood flow is compromised and create these dead tissue areas.  She was trying to back track the reason for the cysts and eventually called back the perinatologist (Dr.) back to take a look.

I'm hopeful in getting this book done this year.  I've been trying to write a little each day on my lunch break.  It's about the only time in my day where I don't get interrupted "much".

I try to write on the blog here more to journal things that are going on in my life.  I'm what you would dub a spiritual Mom.  I'm one that works full time, has a long commute every day, and still come home to be with the kids and take care of the house.  So at times it gets to be too much.  By writing my thoughts down it helps me to decompress.  It's better than screaming and yelling at people.  

I'm hoping through my book and my experiences of what I've gone through for my three girls that others will get helped by it.  And apparently it's in my path to do, as I'm getting offers of help here and there.  I'm hoping to get a lot of writing done next week.  I'm on vacation and get 3 hours to myself a day.  I want to write as well as take time to do my spiritual stuff.

So -- what do you guys due to help you with stress?  What writing do  you do if any?

No comments:

Post a Comment