Friday, June 14, 2013

Peace

It's hard to find peace most anywhere these days -- especially in oneself.   We are bombarded by the media on wars, killings -- bad things everywhere you look.  Once in awhile you'll get to see some good news stories.  Makes you wonder if they ran more of these, would people tune in and we'd have less violence?  Hard saying :)

But if you're like me, you get up, listen to news/weather, drive to work, work, have your cellphone handy and are bombarded with something electronic almost 24/7.

Now when do you tune out from all the electronics?  When do you take a moment to truly be at peace?

I remember as a kid growing up in corn country having all this wide open space and just laying down and watching the clouds pass by.  Back then we didn't have cable.  We didn't really have home computers and heck cell phones - forget it!

I think from time to time, we need to get back to that.  So make an effort to find peace for yourself - even if it's 10 minutes before you go to bed.  Let your brain rest a little before bed.  You'll thank yourself in the morning I'm sure :)

I know I'm going to be doing more of that.  I have found myself sleeping better.  Next week is vacation and I'm definitely going to get out to nature and just "veg" -- it'll be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment