Saturday, July 13, 2013

Making Space

I don't know if it has something to do with abundance not coming to me or not, but I'm tired of all the crud in the house.  It's time for a spring cleaning. (and then some).

This is going to be difficult for most in the house as I'm probably the only one that has gotten rid of stuff.  I gave away all my books and have gone electronic - I bought a Kindle.  I've been trying to buy DVDs or Video's online for old DVDs or even VHS tapes.  Yes, we still have those along with cassette tapes.  There is no reason to have this stuff anymore.

I'm going through the kids clothes and try and get them organized today.  Time to try and have a yard sale soon so I can get rid of the clothes while still making money.  I have tried to give clothes away to people that need them first, but no more need, so time to make money.  What ever is left, I'll give to the pregnancy place in town.  The baby stuff is going to be hard for hubby.  He swears the moment I get rid of that stuff I'm going to get pregnant again.  I'm 44.  I really hope that won't happen :)  So far, it hasn't.

But it's time.  Time to cull.  And if in the process I make money and/or get more things free - then it'll all be worth it.  Plus best of all.  I'll have space in this house of mine.  Yeah!! That's the important goal.  It's bad enough trying to walk around between kids and cats but when you put toys and other things on top of that, surprising enough as much of  a klutz I am, that I haven't seriously hurt myself yet.

How about you?  What's your rule of thumb of getting rid of things?

No comments:

Post a Comment