Friday, July 26, 2013

There are times

when we need to take care of our self.  Wednesday night I came home to a sick child.  I of course seem to be the only one that recognizes when she's sick.  Due to her heart condition, I also can't sit and wait it out.  So I took yesterday off from work.  Just to verify we didn't have an infection.  No ears, sinus or strep.  Appears at the moment to be viral.  So, with that being done.  I decided to go to urgent care and get myself checked out.  Again, been dealing with pain in my lower back/leg and not sleeping.  So it was time to get it checked out.  Dr. there referred me to a chiropractor that he has worked with before.  I definitely had sciatic pain.

So I manage to get in later that afternoon.  I really like this practice.  Let me tell you, I have not had good experiences in the past with Chiropractors, so I tend to stay away from them.  Turns out yes, I have the sciatica, but worse a pinched nerve.  They tell me they're going to be doing stretching and PT stuff with me to get the pain to stop, when that happens, they'll see if I even need to be adjusted.  While talking to the guy, he finds out I have twins and says his brother just found out they're expecting twins.  He then goes on about how many sessions he thinks he'll need and if I can afford the $25 copay.  Anything at this point to stop the pain and be able to sleep comfortably again.  Then he's like wait, you've got 3 kids.. I'll make it $20 copay.  And we won't charge you for this session, we'll call it a consultation.

I feel so blessed to have been sent to him.  Then when I was setting up the next couple of appointments, one of the other doctors came out and we got talking and it turns out that she has a daughter a year younger than my eldest who had a brain condition (sorta like my youngest).  Had a nice discussion over that.  Small world!

So yes, I wasn't completely out of pain, but at least it wasn't radiating down my leg last night.  I can't wait to see what today's appointment brings.

Blessing come in all different packages -- I'll take each and every one of them - how about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment