Tuesday, July 2, 2013

USM Course


I'm currently taking a course called the "Ultimate Success Masterclass".  I'm only into week 2 and this week we were to state our intention and goals.

Now the course says to print out the sheet and post it on your bathroom mirror and say the statement out loud to yourself every morning.  Well, I decided not to do that, but something different.

I printed not 1 copy - but 3.  One is hung up at work where I can see it, one is in my car (these are 2 places I'm usually at during the week) and the final one is hung up in my bedroom where I can see it before I go to sleep.

I also went a step further.  I recorded a video of my intention and goal and posted it to You Tube.  Here take a look:

 

It's interesting going through this process (it's 12 weeks in total).  I thought myself a pretty positive person, but going through all these exercises, I'm finding negative stuff bubbling up out of me.  So I'm really hopeful (I think for the first time) that this process will make me successful and get me what I want.

While saying my intention and goal over and over on the commute in today - I started visualizing things that when I have the money I would do.  One was work in fashion.  I'm not an artist (don't ask me to draw LOL) and I can't sew.  But I have ideas.  My eldest child is 7.  Due to her congenital scoliosis she currently in a size 14/16.  Do you know what kind of clothes are out there for "that size?"  I would love to work with someone to make clothes that look like kid's clothes - not mini fashionistas (or worse).  I'd also like to work with someone on plus size clothes.  There is a  market and very few people are working it.  There are just some things that a big person should not wear.  I get wanting to be hip and fashionable - but there's a limit to what we can actually pull off.

Now I can really see this happening in my mind.  It's not anything I even dreamed of before.  Sewing for my daughter yes, wishing plus size stuff actually fit - yes, but actually doing something like working with fashion people to get this done-- no.

So, today, I'm very positive in what I'm seeing come to me as ideas that might help me along my goal.  Only time will tell!

What are your dreams and goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment