Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 10 - Dizzy

Well today's blog post in my 30-day I AM challenge, I am choosing the label dizzy.  Now I'm not sure I've ever really been called "dizzy" per se, but I find sometimes my behavior could be labeled as dizzy.  You know those moments I'm sure.  The times when you are so up in the air about something that you're not thinking of consequences at that exact moment.  You feel invincible that nothing can touch you that nothing can go wrong.  But of course in the world we live in that's kind of a fantasy.  Yup.  That'd be me. 

I do try and keep a level head at times.  Unfortunately my Piscean nature often leads me down the path of dizziness.  It makes for good stories if nothing else.  Maybe that's what I should do with my life.. really write them down into great stories.  God knows I have enough of them.

Well this blog post is more than just the human nature of being "dizzy".  Today I'm actually physically dizzy.  I woke up this morning expecting after a good night sleep (for a change) to get up and get going.  What did I get - vertigo I suppose you could call it.  I felt like I couldn't stand up straight, I was seeing double, and was weak.  Needless to say, I went back to bed.  Again, a few hours later, I tried it again, same results.  I did at that point try and take a shower to see if I could shake it out of me.  Yea.. that was kind of interesting too.  Taking a shower dizzy.  I'm thankful I did not fall.  Out of the shower into my room onto my computer where I tried to write an email to my boss telling him as soon as I wasn't dizzy - I'd be in.  Yea.. that didn't happen.  I went back to sleep.  Woke up a few hours later, still dizzy, but thankfully not as drunkenly as before.  Still seeing double.  However, luckily I was able to put on my glasses and see clearly close things - like my computer.  Hooray!  So next thing I did was ask for some toast and coffee.  Maybe it was blood sugar causing thing?  Maybe a medicine that was finally taking hold after almost 10 days?  I don't know.  But what I do know is I never ever want to feel that out of control.  I hate to think if I had to take care of kids what I would have done.  I do know I wouldn't have driven.. that's for sure.

Thankfully I have another procedure tomorrow and will be asking the doctor what could have caused this.  I only have one more thing about Dizzy -- do be it .. don't do it.. not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment