Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 24 - Humorous

I'm not sure the label today should say Humorous.  I can be funny, but not hysterical funny.  I'm not sure what to call the label other than, humorous though.  Let me explain.  I find life in general funny.  Situations especially around me can be funny.  I may even laugh at a "wrong" time because I found something funny.  And even when I don't mean to, sometimes I offend others finding things funny.

Life is too short.  Got to find joy where you can.  And you know what?  Laughter can take you there.

Now, I have been through a lot in my life.  Younger I was full of life and laughter and a listening ear if you needed it.  Some of the joy left me during part of my life, but now having my kids, I'm finding it all over again.  There's nothing more I like than to make someone smile - even if it's at the expense of me.  I have some friends that need to loosen up a bit more so I keep working on them.

There's nothing more precious to see someone who is having or had a bad day all of a sudden laugh at your antics or joke or story.. it's like the weight of the world has been taken off their shoulders.  Such a feeling to share.

So my humor is often sarcastic - but I blame that for some of the company I kept when growing up (boys).  And often it comes out of left field and can be considered "in the gutter".  Can't help it.  Just who I am.

So if you see me smiling to myself - you'll have to wonder what it is that's making me do so.. and don't be surprised sometime if  I end your story or sentence with "Oh Really?"

How can you be humorous?


No comments:

Post a Comment