Friday, September 27, 2013

Day 26 - Friend

OK.  People think friends and thing oh I have so many.  When in reality more than likely they only have acquaintances.  For me, the following are what I consider friend qualities:

1) Honest to a fault - tells you the truth even if  you don't want to hear it.
2) There for you - good or bad
3) Likes to get goofy with you

Now, how many of your "friends" fall into that category?

I'm blessed in that I have a few that are like that.  Some are local and some live far away.  But they are there for me.  Unlike some I've had in real life that can only seem to be there when I'm in a good place - so they can complain to me.  Or worse when a "friend" decided to betray me by saying something behind my back.

I'd like to think I too am a good friend.  I am always willing to lend a listening ear or help (when I am able) to anyone.  I will tell you the truth, I will offer advice, however I will not push it down your throat.  And I love being goofy.  Let's gush about some movie hearthrob or talk about something we've read or dance with our kids.

I often go out for my friends.  And in the past, it wasn't really reciprocated.  However, I've been lucky in the past few years to have some of those types of friends.  I am grateful for every single one of them.  And for my friends who are reading this -- you know who you are!  LOVE YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment