Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 7 - Honest

I am for the most part an honest person.  I'm not going to say totally honest - as in the past I've done somethings I'm not proud of, but over time I've learned to be pretty honest.

Honesty is not a bad label to have, it's how we use it.  For example, I found out that I really couldn't lie when I was like 5 or 6.  My mom had perfume in her bathroom and I sprayed some on.  She smelled it on me and asked if I had gone into her bathroom and messed with the perfume.  Of course I said no -- wasn't supposed to go in there -- and you gotta love your parents response -- are you sure?  Of course is always the response back.  Well then you find out they can smell it on you and you are thus punished worse than you would have been had you been honest.  Let lesson taught me to be honest.

Now at times, my honesty can be a bit.. blunt.  Usually when my emotions (angers/hurt) are engaged.  I then turn into where I make Simon Cowell look like Paula Abdul (when they were on American Idol).  Yes, I'm that blunt.  I've learned over time, to walk away and calm down before discussing anything.  However, I usually get pushed into "talking" and that never goes well.

But I like being honest.  If I find things on the ground like a wallet - I usually track people down.  Or I've found ATM cards and let them at the bank for the owners to pick up.  Stuff like that.  That's the good honest to be.  I know if I've let a wallet or purse somewhere I pray that I'll get it back with everything still in it.

So how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment