Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 5 - Patient

Wow, already on Day 5 of the I AM Challenge!  Today's label I'm looking at for me is Patient.  And with this I'm talking about the dictionary adjective version -

able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious

versus the noun version

a person receiving or registered to receive medical treatment.

Which I could be.. at times .. lol and possibly at the moment with my back.. but I digress...

Most of the time, I'm a fairly patient person.  I keep thinking of the best of people, keep hoping things will change, things like that.  I mean I was in an abusive relationship for over 6 years and kept in it, until I finally saw the light.

I'm patient most of the time with my kids.  I really try and come from a place of love for them.  It doesn't feel good when you get yelled at especially for little things.  So I really work on trying to get them to understand what they did wrong.

I like this part of me to a point.  Part of me that is patient I shouldn't take as long to come to decisions as I do.  But I often put other people's feelings first.  Give them that benefit of a doubt.  Think until I'm proven otherwise the best of them.  I'd really wish I wouldn't do that as often.  It doesn't always benefit me.  As then I get torn up about things inside and then worry about them.  As much as I try not to.  It still happens and then I feel bad about all this gunk inside of me from the worry and the possible outcomes.  That part I'd like to give away.  I'd like to be patient to a point, but if something has to be done, to just do it.  Regardless of feelings.  Sometimes things need to be said and hopefully that will turn out better than how I do it now.  Maybe not - who knows until I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment