Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 20 - Dreamer

OK, this label for me has good and bad points.  First off, there is nothing greater than being able to dream about something.  Dreams help keep hope alive.  Hope is what this world needs.  There's nothing harmful in dreaming, unless it becomes your reality.

I remember being little and having vivid daydreams.  I could also get caught up in movies.  I remember being in elementary watching one and jumping up yelling something because I was so caught up.

That's perhaps why I like reading - I can see the images in my head.  Hear the dialogue.  I use my daydreaming in my spirituality - I call it visualizing.  Thankfully I'm very good at it.  I like using my day dreaming ability at night before bed.  It helps me get restful in order to sleep plus it usually puts me in a good place for good dreams as well.

However, I do have a down side of dreaming as well.  It's called keeping the head in the clouds.  Too often I let dream world take me away from the real one.  I mean who wouldn't?  Sometimes the real world can be cruel and harsh and I take my Pisces background very seriously... there goes the dreamworld.

Dreams can also encompass other things as far as I'm concerned - movies, TV, books.. you name it what ever it is that takes you mind off the real world for awhile.  It allows us to recharge our batteries and they so need it a lot of times.

However, do not let it rule you.  Make sure you're only doing your dreaming at appropriate times.  For me, I have a long commute.  So I "pretend" I'm on dancing with the stars or on the Ellen show promoting my book, or teaching my new spiritual course.  Hey - it passes time and it's good for me to keep that positive energy flowing.  And who knows?  Maybe my dreams will come true..

So Dreamer -- I claim you proudly!

No comments:

Post a Comment