Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 22 - Skeptic

I AM a Skeptic.  Well, that's not entirely true.  Once upon a time I wasn't.  Trusted everyone at face value.  And usually got hurt in the process, as not everyone is as trusting as I used to be.

Then I met a true skeptic.  My first husband.  Now, we were friends long before that changed into dating.  As a friend he's was great.  But I remember him talking after one of his counseling classes (yes, he was a psychology and counseling major) and him saying that he'd hate to be the person in counseling with him (as a person needing-not giving) because I could turn it around on either the counselor or the other person.  Now I remembered that comment and when he brought up counseling when I suggested divorce.. umm nope!  But anyway, I digress.  He truly was a skeptic in every sense.  What did this person want from him?  Now, I was very naive back then, so having him in my corner - probably a good thing!

So enough time with him (14 to exact) I started being that skeptical too.  Except, it's not really part of my DNA.  But I continued questioning everything and sometimes everyone. To the point of alienating people.

But then I started swinging back to my old ways.  But I kept just enough of the skepticism  to be more aware of things.

Since starting my spiritual path I've had to learn to go with my intuition.  Which means letting go of the skepticism.  That's been hard to do, since my path was laid out so well with being only moderately skeptical.

But, I'm slowly losing that label of Skeptic.  Which I'm happy about.  You can be wise without being skeptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment