Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 17 - Reality TV Junkie

OK, I'll admit it.  I am a reality TV junkie.  I used to watch the MTV shows (in their earlier versions).  Then came American Idol and Survivor.  Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, and then I discovered Iron Chef, Chopped and The Next Food Network Star.  I'm sure there are others - but you get the picture.

Now it feels like I was able to watch these a little more faithfully when 1) I didn't have any kids and 2) I lived a heck a lot closer to work.

Thankfully they're online with our cable company and/or Hulu.  Otherwise I'd never get to see anything.  The children have taken over the TV.

Lately, I mainly watch creative type things - like Chopped.  I mean some of the stuff they throw together in that basket -- half of what I have no idea what it is -- and the stuff they can make in a short amount of time.  AMAZING!

I also like the Next Food Network Star and HGTV's Home Designer show.  I love seeing personalities and creative type stuff -- which I am not!  And some of the stuff they do I go eww.. really?  I'm so not doing that :D

Then don't get me started with any Dancing shows - I'm so on watching them.  I don't care if they are just auditions or not.  I just love watching it.  And of course wishing I had been flexible and built like a dancer because I loved it so much.  But I wasn't.  Doesn't stop me from dancing either.  The back lately does that, which sucks.. because I do love to dance.  I will find myself sometimes welling up in tears wishing that was me.  But I still hold onto my dream of being a best selling author and getting on Dancing with the Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment