Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 3 - Good Person

Actually I was going to put goody-two-shoes - you know the old Adam Ant song?  Yea, they dubbed me with that in school.  I was the kid that didn't drink, didn't smoke.. so what did I do?  Well, back then I was "high on life".  I grew up in a smallish city but when to a small farm school - so back then not much to do - especially with no cable, so a lot of kids I knew drank, smoked and did drugs even.  I didn't want to feel out of control, so I didn't need it. 

I still don't.  Not to say I don't have a drink here or there, I do on occasion. Drugs - don't do unless doctor prescribes.  Smokes, well did do it once upon a time, but haven't done it in a long time.  If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't.  But that's hindsight - which is always 20/20.

So they call me good.  Nothing wrong with that.  Am I always good?  Heck no!  I am human.  I have feelings like anger and envy etc.  Things that would make me not seem as good.  But I'm OK with it.  I try and be good and helpful to those I know and meet.  It's part of who I am.  I don't like not being good, something inside me freaks out.  So if you want to call me good - go ahead.  This is one label I will take happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment