Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 6 - Trusting

So, I'm a bit late with my blog posts.. been a rough few days.  So I'm making up by writing them all today to catch up, starting with this one.  But I didn't want to overdue a post - so I'm still keeping them separate days.

So for Day 6 I'm choosing the label Trusting.  I like being trusting.  I like thinking the good of people and trusting they will do what they say they will do.  I also like others being able to trust me.

Now the downside of being trusting is that too often those devious people are looking for people like me who are trusting.  It often makes for HUGE life lessons for us that are trusting.  And that's what we have to look at that experience as - a life lesson.  There's trusting.. and then there's too trusting.  Let me give you an example...

Too Trusting -- Your child asks for the car and "says" they're going to go xyz.  You hand them the keys.

Trusting - Your child asks for the car and "says' they're going to go xyz.  You ask them enough questions - like do you have enough money, do you have your cell with you, who all is going.. etc etc etc. After asking questions and getting answers you give them the keys. 

So you still trust them - you gave them the keys, but you have enough information that you can make a good decision and are able to get in contact with them just in case.

I think sometimes I fall in the category of too trusting and then sometimes I fall in the category of trusting.  I'd like to remove myself from too trusting now.  And be more prudent with my choices and decisions rather than just being too trusting about the whole situation.  Being too trusting was fine when I was younger - and you'd think I would have learned my lesson - but here I am at 44 still learning them. 

Which one are you or are you even trusting?

No comments:

Post a Comment